This is an add-on for the Dungeon Craft monster database. Now you can add cretures from the prehistoric world to your design. Have your players face down a triceratops, be dive-bombed by a pterosaur or go toe-to-toe with the king of the dinosaurs, the Tyrannosaurus Rex.
How to use:
This is an add-on for the monsters database. You can add these creatures to the default databases or to your altered databases in just a couple of easy steps.
- In the DC database editor, export your current monsters database. If you already have a monsters.txt file, you should consider naming it something else like 'monsters2.txt' or whatever you would like.
- Open your newly exported monster database and the dinosaurs add-on in your favorite text editor.
- Copy the dinosaurs add-on (the whole thing or just the critters you want) and paste it on the bottom of your monsters database. Save your work.
- Import the newly updated monster database back into your design. Save your work.
- Unzip the icons file into your Resources directory.
You can now add dinosaurs to your combats. Easy, right? Please note that at this time, there are still some missing icons, so DC is going to pick that little goblin fellow to stick in the combat. Check back here for updates, or make your own icons (Google images and Wikipedia are a great place to start).
A big thaks to Dinonykos, Uatu and Halute for their icons. Additional icons by manikus.
All statistics are from the First Edition Monster Manual and Monster Manual II. As these two books are not exhaustive, feel free to add your own favorites.