This is an add-on for the Dungeon Craft monster database. Now you can add cretures from under the seas, lakes and rivers to your design. Have your players face down great white sharks, be strafed by muckdwellers or go toe-to-toe with the powerul and domineering Greater Aboleth.
How to use:
This is an add-on for the monsters database, but also requires several other databases to be modified. You can add these creatures to the default databases or to your altered databases in just a couple of easy steps.
Adding to the default databases (which can be already added to):
- In the DC database editor, export your current monsters database. If you already have a monsters.txt file, you should consider naming it something else like 'monsters2.txt' or whatever you would like.
- Open your newly exported monster database and the underwater add-on monster database (_aua_monster.txt) in your favorite text editor.
- Copy the underwater add-on (the whole thing or just the critters you want) and paste it on the bottom of your monsters database. Save your work.
- Import the newly updated monster database back into your design. Save your work.
- Repeat steps #1 through #4 for the items, specail abilities and spells databases (using _aqua_items.txt, _aqua_specialAbilities.txt and _aqua_spells.txt, respectively.)
- Unzip the icons file into your Resources directory.
Adding to your own databases:
- Complete all of the above steps.
- Repeat steps #1 through #4 from the above isntructions for the monsters database, adding _aqua_monsters_Default.txt to it.
- Repeat steps #1 through #4 from the above isntructions for the special abilities database, adding _aqua_specialAbilities_Default.txt to it.
- Unzip the default icons file into your Resources directory.
You can now add underwater creatures to your combats. Easy, right? Please note that all movement rates are for underwater. If the monster can also go on land and you would like to use them in that way, you made to edit the movement rate.. Check back here for updates and the soon to be released "Underwater Template Design" that will have everything you need to create your own underwater adventure, including underwater player classes.
Checkout the great walls, backdrops and combat wall art, all of which is available to use in your own design. Download links on the right.
A big thaks to Dinonykos and Uatu for their great artwork. Additional artwork by manikus.
All statistics are from the First Edition Monster Manual, Fiend Folio and Monster Manual II. As these two books are not exhaustive, feel free to add your own favorites.